Accommodation in Valentia includes 24 single rooms and 10 shared bedrooms. The majority of bedrooms have access to en-suite bathrooms or a bathroom is in close proximity.
27 of our bedrooms have direct access to our lovely gardens. Each room is individually decorated, we provide electric profiling beds, television and wireless nurse call system.
We encourage our residents to personalise their bedrooms ,with their own favourite items from home.
There are various sitting areas within the home, a conservatory, library, dining rooms, and sitting room complete with open fire.
Throughout the home there are many areas to sit and relax, alone or with friends;
- Main sitting room, with piano, TV and log burning fireplace.
- Spacious sun-lit corridor, with floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the view of the garden and birds.
- A quiet sunroom opening onto the lawn.
- Well stocked library, used for activities each afternoon or quiet time in the evenings.
- Plentiful garden furniture to enjoy the sunshine when weather permits.
- We have a lovely room which can be made available to residents and their families to celebrate any occasion.
There is an oratory which accommodates religious services of all denominations. There is regular Roman Catholic mass and Church of Ireland services.
Our 4 acres of mature garden offers an oasis of calm and tranquillity, plentiful mature oak and beech trees provide shelter, and the extensive lawns provide space for families with young children to enjoy.
There is access to a colourful enclosed garden which was specifically decorated to stimulate the senses. This gives residents and their families variety to enjoy time outdoors, as well as enhancing views from within.
The Hair Salon is a hive of activity every week with our regular hairdresser.